Marshall Township takes much pride in its rural atmosphere yet it is situated a short 20-minute drive north of Pittsburgh’s business and cultural centers via I79/279. A Township of the Second Class, Marshall is governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors. Approximately 14 square miles in size, it is located in the northwest corner of Allegheny County – thus the “Tops In Allegheny County” logo.
Marshall is bordered by Cranberry Township, Butler County to the North, Franklin Park Borough to the South, Pine Township to the East and Economy Borough, Beaver County to the West, and borders Bradford Woods Borough on three sides. Incorporated June 3, 1863, it was named for Thomas Mercer Marshall, a famous trial lawyer who practiced law in Allegheny County.
Marshall is included in the North Allegheny School District and is a member of the Northern Regional Police Department. All residents have free access to the Northland Public Library, and public transportation to Pittsburgh is available from several locations including a newly constructed Port Authority Park’n Ride.